Organic Origins believes that your health and wellness is your commitment to make, not ours. That is why our Wellness Plan is designed to be a flexible, with no commitment and no contract. It’s easy to sign up and easy to cancel.
When you elect to sign up for the Organic Origins Wellness Plan, you will get one 50-minute custom pressure massage (or equivalent dollar value at the wellness plan rate) per month that roll over if you do not use them. You will enjoy significant discounts on all our treatments. See our Menu page for more details on pricing.
You are also entitled to discounts on all our retails products, even if they are already on sale!
And if that’s not enough, you can share your plan with one designated person. Limitations apply. See Organic Origins Wellness Plan page for additional benefits not mentioned here.
The best part? You can cancel for any reason whatsoever with no penalty ever. Refer to the Organic Origins Wellness Plan page for more details on our Wellness Plan Cancellation Policy
- Therapeutic Massage is the manipulation of both superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various hands-on techniques, in order to enhance their function, aid in the healing process, reduce stress and tension, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibit motor-neuron excitability, and promote relaxation and well-being.
- The skin is the largest organ of the body. It absorbs 60% of what we put on it topically. That is why Organic Origins sources and uses only certified Organic essential oils and massage oils, lotions and creams. If you find that we do not offer a particular essential oil, it may be because we were unable to source a certified organic product . Feel free to ask for more information on organic products and the importance of their use on the skin.
1.Swedish Massage This is the most common type of massage therapy in the United States. It is also known as Swedish massage or simply massage therapy. Massage therapists use long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements on superficial layers of muscle using massage lotion or oil. Swedish massage therapy can be very gentle and relaxing.
If you've never had massage before, this is a good one to try first.
2.Aromatherapy Massage Aromatherapy massage utilizes one or more scented plant oils called essential oils to address specific needs. The massage therapist can select oils that are relaxing, energizing, stress-reducing, balancing, etc. One of the most common essential oils used in aromatherapy massage is lavender. Aromatherapy massage is particularly suited to stress-related conditions or conditions with an emotional component.
3.Hot Stone Massage Heated, smooth stones are placed on specific points on the body to warm and loosen tight muscles and balance energy centers in the body. The massage therapist may also hold stones and apply gentle pressure with them. The warmth is comforting. Hot stone massage is good for people who have muscle tension but prefer lighter massage.
4.Cold Stone Massage Cold stone massage helps lower stress, improve circulation and soothe inflammation to treat a variety of maladies. Cold stone massages are generally well tolerated, although you may need to consult a doctor if you have certain conditions that may contraindicate massage. Cold Stone Massage works by triggering vasoconstriction – (the narrowing of blood vessels) when placed on the skin. After the cold stones are removed, the blood vessels dilate again, supplying the affected areas with fresh blood and oxygen. This process increases circulation.
5.Deep Tissue Massage Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The massage therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscle. Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or recovery from injury. It is not uncommon to feel slightly sore for one to two days after deep tissue massage.
6.Prenatal Massage Prenatal massage is becoming increasingly popular with expectant mothers. Prenatal massage can reduce stress, decrease swelling, relieve aches and pains, and reduce anxiety and depression. Organic Origins Massage Therapists are trained in prenatal massage technique. In addition position and support for the expectant mother are very important in ensuring a safe and effective massage.
7.Lymphatic Drainage Massage Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is a type of gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. The benefits of a lymphatic drainage massage are: •Increase the carrying capacity of the lymph system, allowing it to process up to 10 times more fluid than normal. •Increase the flow through the lymph nodes, filtering out waste products, dead cells, excess proteins and toxins from the tissues. •Increase the production of lymphocytes, thereby increasing the body's ability to fight infections. •Activate the parasympathetic response, producing a body-wide relaxation effect.
8.Sports Massage Sports massage is specifically designed for people whose body tone and condition are tied to athletic performance. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from a Sports Massage. People who are active and work out often also can gain tremendously from this massage. The focus is not on relaxation, but rather on preventing and treating injury while also enhancing athletic performance. The strokes are generally faster than Swedish massage. Facilitated stretching is a common technique, which helps to loosen muscles and increase flexibility.
- It is best to arrive wearing comfortable clothing. For our Dreamy Hand & Foot Treatment and On a Cloud Foot Treatment, both treatments occur on a comfortable chaise lounger and do not require a full undress. We recommend you wear clothing that allows easy access to the knee down for the foot massage. If you are booked for the Hand and Foot massage, we ask that you also ensure you wear clothing that allows easy access to the hands and wrists.
- Showering on the day of your treatment is preferable. Not just because its more comfortable for the massage therapist. When your skin is clean, it will better absorb the organic lotions and oils used during your massage.
- Many fret about this question. Not shaving for a few days or even weeks should not cause you any concern. Most therapists will say they can’t even tell the difference! Do what makes you comfortable.
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to ensure your therapeutic massage session starts on time. Here is what you can expect:
1.)You will be required to fill out a confidential health and wellness intake form, which will help your Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) in creating an effective treatment plan that is designed for you. This is also important, as the LMT needs to know if you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications.
2.)A qualified staff member will listen to your concerns and note them as part of your health and wellness intake process to allow your LMT to assess your individual needs as well as other factors. (lifestyle, nutritional status, etc.)
3.)A qualified staff member will then explain the massage process and answer and questions you may have. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about anything you’re unsure about or any concerns you might have.4.)Your LMT will review your health and wellness intake form, ask any additional questions and work to develop a treatment plan to ensure you receive appropriate treatment. Be as specific as possible about any major ailments or issues you are having at the time. Information about your daily activities can also be helpful, such as if you are an avid runner, skier or if you travel often for work. The LMT will discover your tight and sore areas during the massage and will prioritize the time spent on these areas. Being specific about your issue or lifestyle, however, will help the therapist prepare in advance.
5.)Your therapeutic massage session will begin. A sheet and blanket will be provided. The LMT will advise you to either begin the massage lying on your stomach or on your back. If you begin on your stomach, a face cradle at the end of the table will allow you to rest comfortably face down while keeping your shoulders and neck muscles relaxed. Please let your LMT know if you are uncomfortable at any time during the massage.
6.)At the end of your session your LMT will point out any areas of concern and offer recommendations.
- It is common to be completely undressed or wear only your undergarments during a therapeutic massage session. However you should undress to YOUR comfort level. Your comfort and ability to relax is paramount to an effective treatment. Your Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) can always adjust for more or less clothing. LMTs are trained in proper draping procedures to ensure your privacy and comfort is respected at all times during your session.
- Organic Origins Licensed Massage Therapists are trained in Pre and Post Natal massage protocol. We take every precaution to ensure the safety of you and your unborn child. As such, we perform only Sideline therapeutic massage for expectant mothers. While massage for pregnant women is safe, Organic Origins only treats 2nd and 3rd trimester clients. A Pre Natal release is required before treatment can occur for expecting mothers. We provide custom body support pillows or extra comfort in all our pre natal massage sessions.
- The minimum age to receive a massage at Organic Origins Spa is 12 years old. A parent or guardian MUST remain in the treatment room for the ENTIRE duration of the session for guests 18 years or younger. An Organic Origins Spa Parental Consent and release waiver must be signed by parent or guardian prior to treatment of guests 18 years or younger.
We offer the following session times:
1-hour session made up of 50 minutes of hands on time and 10 minutes for consultation dressing and undressing
1½-hour session made up of 80 minutes of hands on time and 10 minutes for consultation dressing and undressing
2-hour session made up of 110 minutes of hands on time and 10 minutes for consultation dressing and undressing
If you are unsure of how long to book a massage for we recommend the following as a guideline:
If you have one area you would like us to focus on, 1 hour is usually sufficient.
If you have two or more areas to focus on we recommend booking a 1 ½ hour or 2 hour massage to allow our therapists to spend the appropriate time required to address you focus areas.
See our Menu page for more details on treatments we offer.
- At Organic Origins, our philosophy is that your treatment is your time to relax and enjoy peace and quiet. Our Massage Therapists are trained to offer silence during your treatment and as such will not initiate conversation outside of therapeutic massage related questions. If you prefer conversation during your treatment, we will allow you to guide it. We encourage you to take this time for you and make it what you need it to be.
Yes Yes and Yes! At Organic Origins, we encourage you to give our Massage Therapists timely feedback when your treatment is not enjoyable, it if hurts or if it is too little or too much pressure. This feedback allows us to understand your specific needs and tailor our treatments.
Our goal is to provide you with an effective and pleasant treatment. We consider this feedback valuable and will never feel anything other than grateful for your perspective.
- At Organic Origins, we suggest you think of your Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) as you would a waiter in a restaurant and tip them based on the level of service you receive. A 15% - 20% tip is a good guideline and the amount you tip reflects the level of appreciation for the service. For Organic Origins Wellness Plan members who enjoy a discounted rate, we recommend tipping based on the full price of the service rather than the discounted Wellness Plan price.
- A Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) has met the requirements to legally practice therapeutic massage in your state. An LMT must complete a minimum number of training hours at an accredited school. They are required to complete a full background check prior to receiving a license. Every state has specific licensing and/or certification requirements for massage therapists. At Organic Origins, we ensure that all our therapists are licensed in accordance with Idaho state law and are in good standing. In addition, Organic Origins conducts an additional nationwide background check that is above and beyond the full Idaho state background check requirement.
- Your safety and wellness is of the UTMOST importance to us at Organic Origins Spa. In addition to the good standing verification with the Idaho Board of Massage Therapy, we conduct an additional full Nationwide background check on all our therapists. We believe that this extra investment on our side is an important part of creating a safe and comfortable environment for our valued guests. Please feel free to contact management to learn more about the screening process each of our massage therapists must pass before being hired by Organic Origins Spa.
Therapeutic massage is most beneficial when received over a series of treatments, followed up with maintenance or preventive treatments. For general wellness and preventative care: We recommend a one-hour session once a month.
For stress management: We recommend one to two hour sessions weekly or twice a month depending on your stress levels.
For chronic tightness and injury release: We recommend weekly sessions of varying lengths depending on the extent and type of tightness and injury. Please keep in mind that all bodies are made differently and various conditions require different healing times. The suggestions above are a general guideline.
Your Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) is most interested in your recovery and in the maintenance of your health. They can help you establish a program that fits your physical needs and lifestyle. Contact us directly to learn about Organic Origins Wellness Plan where you can take advantage of discounted pricing on all our treatments.
- The medical profession has frequently supported the benefits of massage, especially for such conditions involving muscular tension or certain types of pain. In many chiropractic, physical therapy, and sports medicine clinics, massage is an essential part of patients’ treatment plans.
- There is a good amount of scientific evidence explaining the benefits of massage therapy. For example, a study reported in the NY Times demonstrated that even a single session of massage caused significant biological changes. For example, it reduced the level of the key stress hormone cortisol and increased the hormones related to contentment. It also strengthened the immune system. Ask us for more information on the benefits of Therapeutic Massage. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/health/research/21regimens.html
If you have any of the following conditions, Organic Origins recommends that you not get a massage. Disclaimer: This information is intended for educational purposes and is not a comprehensive list. It is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. It is not meant to cover all possible precautions, drug interactions, circumstances or adverse effects. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before getting a therapeutic massage.
These guidelines protect both the patient and the therapist. Blood clots Bleeding Fever Fracture Heart disease Infectious disease Kidney or liver disease Pre-eclampsia/eclampsia Pregnancy-induced diabetes Severe cold Some sores Systemic infections Toxemia